Thrive Senior Living
Thrive Senior Living is an innovative and high-growth operator of assisted living and memory care communities focused on improving resident’s quality of life through a community they not only live but thrive.
Wagman constructed Tribute at Black Hill, which sits in the heart of Germantown and is a community that includes restaurants, shopping and parks. The four-story building features 140 beds, high ceilings and cold-formed steel trusses. The project also includes bicycle paths, a memory terrace and an outdoor deck with fireplace.
This project is LEED® Silver certified.
Key Challenges & Project Details
- 110,000 SF building
- BIM coordination and clash detection were used to map out MEP systems prior to construction commencing.
- A 61-space parking lot incorporated a recharging station for electrical vehicles.
- Unsuitable soil conditions resulted in 18,000 cubic yards of soil being imported.
- Due to tight site conditions, material deliveries were critical as there was very limited lay down area. Crane and lift access to the building was also limited, creating challenges for installing material.
- Designed to LEED standards, the project features locally sourced materials that constructed and furnished the majority of the building.
- A 17-foot retaining wall was required to accommodate how the building was designed.
- The Last Planner® System was instrumental in ensuring the project will be turned over to the owner on time.
- Wagman also constructed Tribute at Melford in Bowie, MD, another facility for Thrive Senior Living.