Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
April 3, 2019 by Emilee Traver
April 3, 2019
(Dinwiddie, VA) Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. and project partner Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc. were thrilled to receive the 2019 Merit Award for the Odd Fellows Road Interchange project at the Engineering Excellence Awards Gala, hosted by the American Council of Engineering Companies of Virginia. The event, which was held on February 7 at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, recognizes outstanding engineering achievements in Virginia.
The Odd Fellows Road Interchange project, an approximately $30 million design-build project for the Virginia Department of Transportation, included a new interchange along the US Route 29/460 corridor at Odd Fellows Road in Lynchburg, Virginia, consisting of a two-span bridge over existing US Route 29/460, two on-ramps, two traffic roundabouts, and the widening of an existing portion of Odd Fellows Road. Additional improvements included corridor-wide utility relocations, sidewalks, a shared use path, enhanced street lighting and landscaping.
Greg Andricos, president of Wagman Heavy Civil, comments, “It is always exciting when our collective efforts are recognized. Wagman and JMT are happy to deliver another award-winning Design-Build Project for VDOT and support the growing community of Lynchburg with this new Interchange.”
The new interchange has reduced congestion on a major corridor, enhanced access to a vibrant industrial development area, and will help attract future business to the city, in support of Liberty University’s master development plan.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman’s East Riverfront Transportation Project Recognized with APWA Award
- Wagman Honored as Winner of Contractor Safety Award at VTCA
- Dickinson College’s Kline Fitness Center Receives LEED Gold Certification
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Shane Groff as BIM Engineer
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Receives HCCA Excellence in Infrastructure Award for Route 7 Virginia Project
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Receives Platinum STEP Award from ABC Keystone
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center