Wagman Celebrates Ribbon Cutting of MD 404 with Governor
November 21, 2017 by Alyssa Girouard
November 21, 2017
(York, PA ) Wagman Heavy Civil representatives joined Maryland Governor Larry Hogan and Secretary of Transportation, Pete Rahn, for a ribbon cutting ceremony in celebration of MD 404 opening.
The MD 404 project is a $105M design-build project, for the Maryland State Highway Administration and consisted of the design and construction of MD 404 from a two to four lane divided highway from US 50 to east of Holly Road. This high profile project had an unprecedented 18 month delivery schedule for a design-build project of this magnitude in the state of Maryland. The Construction Joint Venture included three civil contractors: Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. serving as the managing partner, David A. Bramble, Inc. and Allan Myers, Inc.
In order to accelerate the delivery of this project, it was segmented into three parts, and each contractor was paired with a designer and responsible for a given physical segment. Project design partners included Wallace, Montgomery & Associates, Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, and RK&K with Century Engineering for Independent Design Quality Assurance.
Greg Andricos, President of Wagman Heavy Civil comments, “This project exemplifies the benefits of design-build to accelerate project delivery. I commend our joint venture team for their extraordinary efforts to coordinate schedules while remaining vigilant to safety.”
For more information about the MD 404 project, please visit: http://www.md404project.com/
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Sponsors Fifth Annual Food Drive & Sculpture Contest
- Lisa Wagman Glezer Inducted into Circle of Excellence
- Wagman’s East Riverfront Transportation Project Recognized with APWA Award
- Wagman Honored as Winner of Contractor Safety Award at VTCA
- Dickinson College’s Kline Fitness Center Receives LEED Gold Certification
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Shane Groff as BIM Engineer
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Receives HCCA Excellence in Infrastructure Award for Route 7 Virginia Project
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Receives Platinum STEP Award from ABC Keystone
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Battlefield Parkway Project
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center