Location Mechanicsburg, PA
Owner Messiah Lifeways
Architect Reese, Lower, Patrick & Scott, LTD
Key Challenges & Project Details
- Self-performed trades include rough/finish carpentry, demolition, doors, frames & hardware, and cabinetry.
- Pre-construction and construction services for the multi-year, multi-phased renovation to the facility’s Village Center.
- Renovations and upgrades to the main lobby and corridors, support core, multi-purpose room, board room, foundation room, chapel/support core, additional corridors and restrooms, and gift shop.
- Main lobby renovations include ornamental railings, large wall-clock, new reception desk with new services and waterfall faced with faux stone.
- Resident corridor renovations include carpet and luxury vinyl tile, wall handrails, new doors, acoustical ceiling tile, and upgrades to the sprinkler/fire alarm and HVAC systems.
- Installation of 158-gallon saltwater aquarium
- Upper & Main Laurel dining rooms include removing walls, upgrading mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, installing new exhaust ductwork, casework, flooring, and ceramic tile.
- Structural steel support systems were installed during renovations to dining rooms
- Nurses’ stations and care bases renovations include new finishes, wall changes, lighting, painting, casework, carpeting and HVAC