(York, PA) G.A. & F.C. Wagman, Inc. was recently awarded a $4.8 million contract for multiple bridge repairs in Dauphin County, PA. Much of the work is upgrades to the barriers and walls of the bridges. Design by JMT is underway. The majority of the construction is expected to occur between Labor Day and August of 2010.
The repairs to 11 bridges are being funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. This was the first contract Wagman was awarded as a result of the “stimulus”. Wagman subsequently received a contract for Route 52 in New Jersey which also included stimulus money.
The Pennsylvania contract includes the repairs to the following structures:
- Route 22 Eastbound over Susquehanna River
- Route 22 Westbound over Susquehanna River
- Route 147 over Norfolk Southern
- Route 225 over Wiconisco Creek
- Route 322 over Swatara Creek
- Route 1005 over Wiconisco Creek
- Route 8004 ramps over Susquehanna River
- Route 22 over Norfolk Southern
Wagman, founded in 1902, is a fourth generation, private family-owned general contracting business headquartered in York, PA. G.A. & F.C. Wagman, Inc. provides a range of services for roads, bridges and structures with their heavy highway, piling and concrete operations.