Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
May 26, 2017 by Alyssa Girouard
May 26, 2017
(York, PA ) Wagman received Honorable Mention during the 2017 Excellence in Concrete Awards by the Maryland Chapter of the American Concrete Institute for the I-95 Deck Rehabilitation and Joint Modification Project. The project received the honorable mention during the awards banquet held in April, which honored projects with advanced knowledge and practices in construction with concrete.
The $54.9M project involved the rehabilitation of 241,643 SY of existing bridge decks along Interstate 95 through Baltimore City. Deck rehabilitations using hydro demolition followed by latex modified concrete (LMC) overlay and expansion joint modifications were performed on 28 bridges along I-95 between I-695 Beltway and the Fort McHenry Tunnel. The project work improved ride quality and performance on the bridge decks. It is the largest latex modified concrete project ever completed in the U.S.
Wagman, the prime contractor on the project, was a partner with the Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA), owner, and Wallace Montgomery, designer. The project also received three awards at the 2017 MdQI Awards of Excellence banquet in January, including Project of the Year, and was awarded ENR Mid-Atlantic’s 2016 Best Specialty Contracting Project last November.
Wagman, Inc. is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil construction, full service general contracting, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa.
Wagman Heavy Civil is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, bonded concrete overlays, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman Breaks Ground on York Revolution 1741 Club
- Wagman’s Vice President / General Counsel Named 2018 NUCA PA Associate of the Year
- Wagman Hosts Annual Summer Version of “Take Your Child to Work Day”
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Strengthens Team with Strategic Promotions and New Hires
- Wagman Construction has completed construction of the new York Academy Upper School
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Attends Groundbreaking for Rappahannock River Crossing Project
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 3,000 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Completes Odd Fellows Road Interchange
- Michael J. Konieczka named President / COO of Wagman Construction, Inc.
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Rappahannock River Crossing
- Wagman welcomes Jody Keller and Dwight Weibel to outside Board of Directors