Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
June 27, 2017 by Alyssa Girouard
June 27, 2017
(York, PA ) Wagman showed its continued commitment to safety by participating in National Construction Safety Week, held May 1 – 5, 2017. The mission of Safety Week is to raise awareness of eliminating worker injury and communicate a shared culture of care and concern. The focus of the week boils down to one goal: keeping each other safe.
The theme for the year was “Safety: It’s In Our Hands.” Wagman distributed 500 safety week stickers for hard hats and the company’s safety team visited jobsites throughout the week to meet with employees and raise awareness on eliminating worker injury. After the meetings, employees were invited to sign a safety pledge banner, showing their personal promise to taking safety into their own hands.
“We communicate jobsite safety on a daily basis,” said Cory Gaye, Corporate Safety Director at Wagman. “During National Construction Safety Week we engaged all of our office and field operations to put further emphasis on why we work safely, and increase the awareness and commitment so everyone returns home every day in the same shape that we came in.”
In an effort to further increase awareness with the general public, Wagman coordinated a social media campaign featuring employee quotes responding to, “Why is safety important to me?”.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Strengthens Team with Strategic Promotions and New Hires
- Wagman Construction has completed construction of the new York Academy Upper School
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Attends Groundbreaking for Rappahannock River Crossing Project
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 3,000 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Completes Odd Fellows Road Interchange
- Michael J. Konieczka named President / COO of Wagman Construction, Inc.
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Rappahannock River Crossing
- Wagman welcomes Jody Keller and Dwight Weibel to outside Board of Directors