Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Attends Groundbreaking for Rappahannock River Crossing Project
August 24, 2018 by Alyssa Girouard
August 24, 2018
(Dinwiddie, VA ) Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc., general contractor for the I-95 Southbound Rappahannock River Crossing Project, participated in a groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday, August 22 with Virginia Governor, Ralph Northam, and Virginia Secretary of Transportation, Shannon Valentine, among others.
The $101.6 million design-build project was awarded to Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. in December 2017 by the Commonwealth Transportation Board. The project includes the design and and construction of three new general purpose lanes for I-95 south as well as the converting of the three existing lanes to collector-distributer lanes. It is part of the Atlantic Gateway group of projects, which include improvements to transportation projects within the I-95 corridor.
In addition, a new bridge will be built over Route 17 and the Rappahannock River parallel to the existing I-95 southbound bridges to carry the new lanes. The goal of this project is to reduce congestion on I-95 in Fredericksburg, Va. and keep traffic flowing safely in the area.
“Wagman is excited to start the physical construction of this design-build project,” states Greg Andricos, president and COO of Wagman Heavy Civil. “We share VDOT’s sense of urgency and look to collectively expedite the delivery of this project imporving safety and mobility along I-95.”
Construction on the project has begun and is scheduled to be complete in 2022.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center