Wagman Construction Builds Innovative Penn State Health Outpatient Facility
September 5, 2017 by Amy Collins
September 5, 2017
(York, PA ) Wagman Construction has completed construction of a new Penn State Medical Group physician practice site in Cumberland County, Pa. The outpatient practice features innovative design elements intended to streamline the patient experience.
The practice is located in Silver Spring Township along Route 114, near Interstate 81. The new building features 9,000 square feet of clinical space, including 14 exam rooms, staff work areas, patient waiting areas and support space. The building also includes an additional 4,000 square feet of undeveloped space which is expected to house up to 14 more exam rooms in the future. By Design Consultants served as lead architect on the project.
The outpatient facility is equipped with a real-time location system – technology that uses ceiling sensors, personal badges and mapping software to manage the location of providers, staff and patients throughout the practice. The system is aimed at improving staff efficiency, resulting in reduced wait time for patients.
The building design is based on lean principles, and will allow for the patient’s entire visit – from intake to check out – to occur in the same room, providing for smoother transitions and greater privacy than in a traditional practice setting. Lean construction practices also enabled the Wagman team to plan work with a focus on a high-quality workmanship. One such practice was the use of pull planning. Pull planning starts with the milestone deadline and works back into the preceding work activities with a focus on eliminating waste and inefficiency while improving overall schedule performance.
“In the pull planning process, we collaborate with the entire project team, including the owner, design professionals, subcontractors, and vendors,” said Kevin Snoke, president & COO of Wagman Construction. Everyone on the project team for Penn State Health was engaged—and held accountable—to meet their commitments as and when promised. As a result, waste was eliminated in the flow of construction activities and we provided a more accurate schedule.”
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa. As a full service general contractor, Wagman Construction facilitates growth and development in senior living, healthcare, higher education, urban, institutional and industrial markets in central Pennsylvania, Virginia & Maryland. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman Breaks Ground on York Revolution 1741 Club
- Wagman’s Vice President / General Counsel Named 2018 NUCA PA Associate of the Year
- Wagman Hosts Annual Summer Version of “Take Your Child to Work Day”
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Strengthens Team with Strategic Promotions and New Hires
- Wagman Construction has completed construction of the new York Academy Upper School
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Attends Groundbreaking for Rappahannock River Crossing Project
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 3,000 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Completes Odd Fellows Road Interchange
- Michael J. Konieczka named President / COO of Wagman Construction, Inc.
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Rappahannock River Crossing
- Wagman welcomes Jody Keller and Dwight Weibel to outside Board of Directors