Wagman Builds Something Great for the York Community
August 30, 2018 by Emilee Traver
August 30, 2018
(York, PA ) Wagman Construction has completed construction of the new York Academy Upper School
Located at 2 West Hamilton Avenue in downtown York, Pa., just one block from Wagman Construction’s office, the 65,000 square-foot school stands adjacent to the Codorus Creek on the former site of the Pensupreme dairy complex. In the summer of 2017, demolition and site work began, followed by construction which was completed in early August 2018, allowing returning students to start the academic year in their new school.
“Wagman was thrilled to serve as construction manager on this important community project,” said Michael J. Konieczka, President and Chief Operating Officer at Wagman Construction. “It was an honor ‘building something great’ for the students and faculty of York Academy.”
The school, designed by York-based Warehaus, features airy communal gathering spaces and flexible learning environments adaptable to different teaching and learning styles. The building also includes a spacious gymnasium, art rooms, a technology center with makerspace, a black box theater, a dining area with outdoor patio, and a student-run cafe.
This was a significant milestone in York Academy’s plan to offer grades 8 through 12 by 2022. York Academy Regional Charter School opened its doors in 2011, offering kindergarten through second grade, and has added a grade each year. The school earned its International Baccalaureate authorization in 2015.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa. As a full service general contractor, Wagman Construction facilitates growth and development in senior living, healthcare, higher education, urban, institutional and industrial markets in central Pennsylvania, Virginia & Maryland. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Replacement of Three Bridges over MD 295
- Wagman Breaks Ground on York Revolution 1741 Club
- Wagman’s Vice President / General Counsel Named 2018 NUCA PA Associate of the Year
- Wagman Hosts Annual Summer Version of “Take Your Child to Work Day”
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Strengthens Team with Strategic Promotions and New Hires
- Wagman Construction has completed construction of the new York Academy Upper School
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Attends Groundbreaking for Rappahannock River Crossing Project
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 3,000 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Completes Odd Fellows Road Interchange
- Michael J. Konieczka named President / COO of Wagman Construction, Inc.
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Rappahannock River Crossing
- Wagman welcomes Jody Keller and Dwight Weibel to outside Board of Directors