Wagman Builds Something Great for the York Community
August 30, 2018 by Emilee Traver
August 30, 2018
(York, PA ) Wagman Construction has completed construction of the new York Academy Upper School
Located at 2 West Hamilton Avenue in downtown York, Pa., just one block from Wagman Construction’s office, the 65,000 square-foot school stands adjacent to the Codorus Creek on the former site of the Pensupreme dairy complex. In the summer of 2017, demolition and site work began, followed by construction which was completed in early August 2018, allowing returning students to start the academic year in their new school.
“Wagman was thrilled to serve as construction manager on this important community project,” said Michael J. Konieczka, President and Chief Operating Officer at Wagman Construction. “It was an honor ‘building something great’ for the students and faculty of York Academy.”
The school, designed by York-based Warehaus, features airy communal gathering spaces and flexible learning environments adaptable to different teaching and learning styles. The building also includes a spacious gymnasium, art rooms, a technology center with makerspace, a black box theater, a dining area with outdoor patio, and a student-run cafe.
This was a significant milestone in York Academy’s plan to offer grades 8 through 12 by 2022. York Academy Regional Charter School opened its doors in 2011, offering kindergarten through second grade, and has added a grade each year. The school earned its International Baccalaureate authorization in 2015.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa. As a full service general contractor, Wagman Construction facilitates growth and development in senior living, healthcare, higher education, urban, institutional and industrial markets in central Pennsylvania, Virginia & Maryland. For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center