Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Rappahannock River Crossing
January 12, 2018 by Alyssa Girouard
January 12, 2018
(Dinwiddie, VA ) Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. announces they’ve been awarded the design-build contract for the I-95 Southbound Rappahannock River Crossing project in Stafford County, Va.
The $101.6 million project, awarded by the Commonwealth Transportation Board, includes the design and construction for three new general purpose lanes for I-95 south as well as the converting of the three existing lanes into collector-distributer lanes. The goal of the project is to reduce congestion and improve the safety and efficiency of traffic in the Fredericksburg area by providing local traffic with additional lanes of travel and replace aging structures.
A new bridge will be built over Route 17 and the Rappahannock River parallel to the existing I-95 southbound bridges to carry the new lanes. In addition, the bridges that carry I-95 north and south over Route 17, both of which have been deemed structurally deficient, will be replaced.
Greg Andricos, president and COO of Wagman Heavy Civil states, “We have been pursuing this project with JMT for over a year and are elated to have the opportunity to work with our project team, our crews and our partners at VDOT to make this project a reality and deliver positive transportation improvements to the people of Stafford County. We are ready to get started!”
Construction on the project begins this summer and is scheduled to be complete in 2022. For more information on the project, please visit the Virginia Department of Transportation website.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman’s Vice President / General Counsel Named 2018 NUCA PA Associate of the Year
- Wagman Hosts Annual Summer Version of “Take Your Child to Work Day”
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Strengthens Team with Strategic Promotions and New Hires
- Wagman Construction has completed construction of the new York Academy Upper School
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Attends Groundbreaking for Rappahannock River Crossing Project
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 3,000 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Completes Odd Fellows Road Interchange
- Michael J. Konieczka named President / COO of Wagman Construction, Inc.
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Rappahannock River Crossing
- Wagman welcomes Jody Keller and Dwight Weibel to outside Board of Directors