Wagman hosts Fall Family Events in honor of Company’s 115th Anniversary
November 22, 2017 by Alyssa Girouard
November 21, 2017
(York, PA ) Wagman celebrating its 115th Anniversary this year, hosted family style events in both Pennsylvania and Virginia where the majority of their employees and families live. The events provided employees and their families opportunities to enjoy a special outing and share in a festive celebration.
“Celebrating 115 years is a milestone for any company, especially a family business like ours. We believe the integrity of the people who work at Wagman has been and continues to be instrumental to our success and deserves to be celebrated” states Lisa Wagman Glezer, Vice President of Wagman, Inc. She continues, “We wanted to host family events in Pennsylvania and Virginia to include all of our employees and families for this milestone celebration. We have an amazing Special Events Committee with representation from multiple offices and departments who provided input and were integral in orchestrating these events.”
The events were geared towards people of all ages while also incorporating some of the favorite family activities from Wagman’s annual “Take Your Child to Work Day” like estimating contests and dressing up in safety gear.
The Virginia event was held at Kings Dominion where families enjoyed a day at the theme park as well as lunch, raffles, an estimating contest, safety display table and photo ops with construction themed props.
The Pennsylvania event was held at PeoplesBank Park, home of the York Revolution. This event was a Fall Family Festival theme with various activities including pumpkin decorating, pumpkin tic-tac-toe, face painting, balloon twisters and a Velcro wall in addition to the standard park attractions. Kids enjoyed Critter Connections, a hands-on critter show with animals like guinea pigs, turtles, bunnies and snakes and both kids and adults had fun with the dunk tank, featuring some key executives who got dunked during “Toss the Boss.” Proceeds from the dunk tank were donated to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. Seven pieces of construction equipment lined the perimeter of the ballfield where participants could climb into the driver’s seat. The batting cages, Oogo balls and playground equipment were also available for use. Upstairs in the White Rose Room, participants took their best guess at the estimating contest and worked with their families on creating a structure with only marshmallows and toothpicks. Prizes were handed out for the tallest structure and for the most creative. Everyone had a chance to try on safety gear and make use of the photo prop area. Additionally, raffle prizes and door prizes were handed out to lucky winners.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia and is headquartered in York, Pa.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Lisa Wagman Glezer 717.577.4252
- Wagman hosts Fall Family Events in honor of Company’s 115th Anniversary
- Wagman Celebrates Ribbon Cutting of MD 404 with Governor
- Wagman Completes Transformation at DreamWrights Center for Community Arts
- Wagman Breaks Ground on Landmark Project for York Academy
- Wagman Construction Builds Innovative Penn State Health Outpatient Facility
- Wagman Sponsors Food Drive & Sculpture Contest and Donates Over 2,700 Pounds of Food to Local Charities
- Wagman Construction Promotes Morrow to General Superintendent
- Wagman Receives Safety Award from Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance
- In the Neighborhood: Wagman and Warehaus Selected to Create New Upper School for York Academy
- Wagman Receives Two Awards for Garden State Parkway Project
- Wagman Participates in National Construction Safety Week
- Wagman Receives Honorable Mention for I-95 Latex Project
- Wagman and HHHunt Celebrate Groundbreaking at Spring Arbor of Crofton
- Wagman Completes Transformation at Franklin & Marshall College
- Wagman Employees Recognized at Annual Safety Awards Banquet
- Wagman “Goes Orange” to Support National Work Zone Safety
- Wagman Hires Greg Peitz as Drilled Shaft Manager
- Davis to Lead Wagman’s Special Projects Group
- Wagman Recognized with Three More Awards for I-95 Latex Modified Concrete Project
- Wagman Completes Base Lodge Expansion at Whitetail Resort