Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Rappahannock River Crossing
January 12, 2018 by Alyssa Girouard
January 12, 2018
(Dinwiddie, VA ) Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. announces they’ve been awarded the design-build contract for the I-95 Southbound Rappahannock River Crossing project in Stafford County, Va.
The $101.6 million project, awarded by the Commonwealth Transportation Board, includes the design and construction for three new general purpose lanes for I-95 south as well as the converting of the three existing lanes into collector-distributer lanes. The goal of the project is to reduce congestion and improve the safety and efficiency of traffic in the Fredericksburg area by providing local traffic with additional lanes of travel and replace aging structures.
A new bridge will be built over Route 17 and the Rappahannock River parallel to the existing I-95 southbound bridges to carry the new lanes. In addition, the bridges that carry I-95 north and south over Route 17, both of which have been deemed structurally deficient, will be replaced.
Greg Andricos, president and COO of Wagman Heavy Civil states, “We have been pursuing this project with JMT for over a year and are elated to have the opportunity to work with our project team, our crews and our partners at VDOT to make this project a reality and deliver positive transportation improvements to the people of Stafford County. We are ready to get started!”
Construction on the project begins this summer and is scheduled to be complete in 2022. For more information on the project, please visit the Virginia Department of Transportation website.
Wagman is a multi-faceted construction firm with major operations in heavy civil, general construction, and geotechnical construction services. Founded in 1902, Wagman is a fourth generation, family-owned company with offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. As a heavy civil contractor, Wagman is a nationally recognized leader within the industry. Wagman’s core competencies include: design-build, infrastructure, marine construction, modified concrete, grooving and grinding, and geotechnical construction services.
For more information about Wagman, please visit www.wagman.com
For media inquiries please contact Alyssa Girouard 717.767.8347
- Wagman Completes Transformation of New 1741 Club at PeoplesBank Park
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Welcomes Gerry Hargis as Senior Construction Manager
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Welcomes Joe Corson as Director of Business Development for Maryland
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Project Awarded for Engineering Excellence
- Wagman’s Berryville, VA Office Receives United Way Gold Award
- Wagman Construction, Inc. Presents First Subcontractor Award
- Wagman Welcomes Stephanie Kennedy, SPHR as Vice President of Human Resources
- Wagman Celebrates Construction Plans for Claymont Regional Transportation Center
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Recognized with Three Awards for MD 404 Project
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc. Awarded Contract for Claymont Regional Transportation Center